GARRISON, Texas (AP) - An East Texas woman has been arrested for child endangerment after authorities found two of her children had eaten paint and all five of her kids were living in miserable conditions.
Nacogdoches County sheriff's officials say when emergency medical personnel and deputies responded to a sick call early Wednesday from the home of 28-year-old Meggan Barstow of Garrison, they found two children had swallowed paint left in a bedroom and that conditions in the home were unsafe.
The sheriff's office says deputies found feces on beds, walls and floors throughout the home and sinks so clogged there was no way the five children, from an infant to 6 years old, could be bathed.
Child welfare officials removed the children.
Garrison is about 150 miles (241.39 kilometers) southeast of Dallas.
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene youth league coaches suspended for extending middle fingers in team photo
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman