EL PASO, Texas - EL PASO, Texas (AP) - A man in El Paso pulled over after a mattress fell off the top of his SUV and in front of a sheriff's department vehicle has been arrested after deputies found he was carrying suspected illegal drugs.
Deputies became suspicious when 19-year-old Arturo Dominguez was so nervous talking to them he was shaking.
Police tell the El Paso Times (http://bit.ly/WM60vC) deputies from a drug interdiction unit were behind Dominguez when the mattress flew off and became a traffic hazard. They pulled him over.
Dominguez was held Friday on $7,500 bond on a charge of suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated