LUFKIN, Texas (AP) - Investigators are trying to identify a man's body found in a burning pickup truck on a road near an East Texas business.
Lufkin police say an autopsy has been set for Thursday.
Emergency personnel on Wednesday responded to a report of a vehicle on fire along a dirt road near a mobile home sales business. Firefighters who put out the blaze discovered a body.
Detective J.B. Smith says DNA evidence will be used to try to identify the man. The body was burned beyond recognition.
Police say the burned truck's license plates and vehicle ID numbers were not readable.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels