LUFKIN, Texas (AP) - Investigators are trying to identify a man's body found in a burning pickup truck on a road near an East Texas business.
Lufkin police say an autopsy has been set for Thursday.
Emergency personnel on Wednesday responded to a report of a vehicle on fire along a dirt road near a mobile home sales business. Firefighters who put out the blaze discovered a body.
Detective J.B. Smith says DNA evidence will be used to try to identify the man. The body was burned beyond recognition.
Police say the burned truck's license plates and vehicle ID numbers were not readable.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS