ABILENE, Texas - Abilene-based First Financial Bankshares Inc. is the No. 1 "top-performing publicly traded bank in the nation" in its asset category, according to Bank Director magazine.
The magazine's annual scorecard lists the bank as the best in the $5 to $50 billion asset category.
"We are very humbled to receive this honor for the second time," said F. Scott Dueser, chairman, president and CEO of First Financial Bankshares Inc., "and it is a direct result of the tireless dedication of our team, including our board, officers and employees who execute our strategy every day to make sure that our customers receive superior service and that we reward our shareholders."
First Financial Bankshares operates 12 banking regions with 62 locations in Texas. In addition to Abilene, First Financial Bankshares has locations in Acton, Albany, Aledo, Alvarado, Beaumont, Boyd, Bridgeport, Brock, Burleson, Cisco, Cleburne, Clyde, Decatur, Eastland, Fort Worth, Glen Rose, Granbury, Grapevine, Hereford, Huntsville, Keller, Mauriceville, Merkel, Midlothian, Mineral Wells, Moran, Newton, New Waverly, Odessa, Orange, Port Arthur, Ranger, Rising Star, Roby, San Angelo, Southlake, Stephenville, Sweetwater, Trent, Trophy Club, Vidor, Waxahachie, Weatherford and Willow Park.
Here's the First Financial Bankshares Inc. news release in its entirety:
First Financial Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIN) has been selected as the #1 top-performing publicly traded bank in the nation in the $5 to $50 billion asset category by Bank Directormagazine. The magazine's annual scorecard rates all publicly traded banks in four asset size categories on the basis of profitability, capital adequacy and asset quality.
"We are very honored to be selected as the best publicly traded bank in the country in the $5 to $50 billion asset category by Bank Director magazine, which is one of the most recognized publications in the industry," said F. Scott Dueser, Chairman, President and CEO. "We are very humbled to receive this honor for the second time, and it is a direct result of the tireless dedication of our team, including our board, officers and employees who execute our strategy every day to make sure that our customers receive superior service and that we reward our shareholders. We thank our customers and shareholders for their loyalty and support, which has allowed us to receive this great honor. This marks the sixth consecutive year that First Financial has been recognized as either #1, #2 or #3 in the nation."
For its scorecard, Bank Director magazine looked at profitability measures including return on average assets and return on average equity; capital strength metrics including the ratio of tangible common equity to tangible assets; asset quality measures including the ratio of nonperforming assets to total loans and other real estate owned, and the ratio of net charge offs to average total loans.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash