LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - A major dust storm has forced authorities in West Texas to close Interstate 27 north of Lubbock.
A major wreck occurred Wednesday near New Deal, just north of Lubbock.
Wind gusts hitting 45 mph have reduced visibility in some parts to near zero. The Texas Department of Transportation is "strongly discouraging" travel in the 120-mile corridor between Lubbock and Amarillo.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017