LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - A major dust storm has forced authorities in West Texas to close Interstate 27 north of Lubbock.
A major wreck occurred Wednesday near New Deal, just north of Lubbock.
Wind gusts hitting 45 mph have reduced visibility in some parts to near zero. The Texas Department of Transportation is "strongly discouraging" travel in the 120-mile corridor between Lubbock and Amarillo.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera