BRECKENRIDGE, Texas - A 38-year-old Midland man died Tuesday in an aircraft crash in Stephens County, about four miles south of Breckenridge.
The pilot has been identified as being Raymond Alan Hoffman. He was pronounced dead at 6:18 p.m. Tuesday. Hoffman's body was taken to Morehart Funeral Home in Breckenridge.
He was flying a Hawker, Sea Fury ISS-25, fixed-wing, single-engine aircraft.
According to a State Police news release, "The pilot was training with a newly purchased aircraft. The pilot experienced a problem with handling causing the plane to nose dive and crash into a heavily wooded area."
Hoffman was killed on impact. No passengers were aboard the flight. No other information has been made available.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi