SAN ANTONIO, Texas - SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Police have arrested a man in the death of a 29-year-old whose body was found partly wrapped with plastic and duct tape in a San Antonio creek last month.
The body of Russell McKinley was found in Salado Creek on May 9. An arrest warrant affidavit said his body showed signs of trauma consistent with strangulation.
Police said Saturday that 27-year-old Allen Fluitt had been arrested on a murder charge in McKinley's death. He remained in jail on Sunday. Jail records did not list an attorney for him.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that police say more arrests are likely.
The affidavit says Fluitt and two other suspects went to McKinley's apartment after being told he had a large amount of heroin there. After they entered, McKinley was attacked.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade