SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Authorities have arrested a 61-year-old man who is being accused of killing a woman whose body was found burning on the side of a San Antonio road.
The Bexar County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday that Antonio Nuñez Jr. faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of 47-year-old Lisa Carter.
In a news release, the sheriff's office said Nuñez and Carter had been in and out of a relationship for many years and that the relationship had included violence.
Authorities say Carter's body was found in August 2015. Her body had not been identified until last month as deputies had found no identifying documents when she was discovered.
Investigators have not released a cause of death.
Court records did not list an attorney for Nuñez.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue