CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas man has died after falling from the ninth floor of the atrium of a Corpus Christi hotel.
Police Capt. Michael Alanis on Tuesday said investigators believe the death of 20-year-old Derick Ivey of San Marcos was an accident.
Ivey fell Sunday morning inside the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and was transported to a hospital, where he died.
Alanis said toxicology results are pending of Ivey, who was visiting Corpus Christi.
No autopsy results were immediately released Tuesday. A message left with the hotel was not immediately returned.
- Updated Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Sunday Forecast: Cold front bringing cooler temperatures, more rain
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation