CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas man has died after falling from the ninth floor of the atrium of a Corpus Christi hotel.
Police Capt. Michael Alanis on Tuesday said investigators believe the death of 20-year-old Derick Ivey of San Marcos was an accident.
Ivey fell Sunday morning inside the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and was transported to a hospital, where he died.
Alanis said toxicology results are pending of Ivey, who was visiting Corpus Christi.
No autopsy results were immediately released Tuesday. A message left with the hotel was not immediately returned.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth