CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas man has died after falling from the ninth floor of the atrium of a Corpus Christi hotel.
Police Capt. Michael Alanis on Tuesday said investigators believe the death of 20-year-old Derick Ivey of San Marcos was an accident.
Ivey fell Sunday morning inside the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and was transported to a hospital, where he died.
Alanis said toxicology results are pending of Ivey, who was visiting Corpus Christi.
No autopsy results were immediately released Tuesday. A message left with the hotel was not immediately returned.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'