CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas man has died after falling from the ninth floor of the atrium of a Corpus Christi hotel.
Police Capt. Michael Alanis on Tuesday said investigators believe the death of 20-year-old Derick Ivey of San Marcos was an accident.
Ivey fell Sunday morning inside the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and was transported to a hospital, where he died.
Alanis said toxicology results are pending of Ivey, who was visiting Corpus Christi.
No autopsy results were immediately released Tuesday. A message left with the hotel was not immediately returned.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot