SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A San Antonio man has died after falling from the fourth story of an apartment complex.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday identified the victim as 23-year-old Jose Ruiz. The complex includes a parking level and then several stories of units. Officials say Ruiz fell Tuesday night from the balcony of a unit on the third level of apartments.
Sheriff's office spokesman Paul Berry said the victim apparently had been drinking most of the day Tuesday. Berry says the man went out on the balcony Tuesday night and a friend tried to convince him to return into the apartment but then Ruiz fell.
A coroner's spokeswoman said an autopsy would be performed Wednesday.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase