SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A San Antonio man has died after falling from the fourth story of an apartment complex.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday identified the victim as 23-year-old Jose Ruiz. The complex includes a parking level and then several stories of units. Officials say Ruiz fell Tuesday night from the balcony of a unit on the third level of apartments.
Sheriff's office spokesman Paul Berry said the victim apparently had been drinking most of the day Tuesday. Berry says the man went out on the balcony Tuesday night and a friend tried to convince him to return into the apartment but then Ruiz fell.
A coroner's spokeswoman said an autopsy would be performed Wednesday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated