SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A San Antonio man has died after falling from the fourth story of an apartment complex.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday identified the victim as 23-year-old Jose Ruiz. The complex includes a parking level and then several stories of units. Officials say Ruiz fell Tuesday night from the balcony of a unit on the third level of apartments.
Sheriff's office spokesman Paul Berry said the victim apparently had been drinking most of the day Tuesday. Berry says the man went out on the balcony Tuesday night and a friend tried to convince him to return into the apartment but then Ruiz fell.
A coroner's spokeswoman said an autopsy would be performed Wednesday.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco