PLANO, Texas (AP) - A man has died after re-entering a burning home in suburban Dallas to get his cell phone.
Plano fire officials say the three adults who lived at the home safely escaped the fire early Thursday morning, but then two of the occupants re-entered the home to get their cell phones to call 911. One of the two was able to make his way out of the home, but the other was not.
Fire officials say people should never go back into a burning home or building, noting that fire and smoke conditions quickly change and a fast-moving fire and toxic smoke can quickly incapacitate a person.
The fire is under investigation.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth