WACO, Texas (AP) - Police say a Central Texas man has drowned while trying to unload his boat at Lake Waco.
Waco police on Wednesday identified the victim as 65-year-old Clyde Ives of Gatesville.
Police found no signs of foul play at the boat ramp where the accident happened Tuesday. Authorities believe Ives was unloading his boat when it floated away. Ives wasn't wearing a life jacket when he tried to swim to the boat.
His body was recovered about 100 yards from the dock. The boat was about 50 yards away.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017