WACO, Texas (AP) - Police say a Central Texas man has drowned while trying to unload his boat at Lake Waco.
Waco police on Wednesday identified the victim as 65-year-old Clyde Ives of Gatesville.
Police found no signs of foul play at the boat ramp where the accident happened Tuesday. Authorities believe Ives was unloading his boat when it floated away. Ives wasn't wearing a life jacket when he tried to swim to the boat.
His body was recovered about 100 yards from the dock. The boat was about 50 yards away.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer