WACO, Texas (AP) - Police say a Central Texas man has drowned while trying to unload his boat at Lake Waco.
Waco police on Wednesday identified the victim as 65-year-old Clyde Ives of Gatesville.
Police found no signs of foul play at the boat ramp where the accident happened Tuesday. Authorities believe Ives was unloading his boat when it floated away. Ives wasn't wearing a life jacket when he tried to swim to the boat.
His body was recovered about 100 yards from the dock. The boat was about 50 yards away.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget