WACO, Texas (AP) - Police say a Central Texas man has drowned while trying to unload his boat at Lake Waco.
Waco police on Wednesday identified the victim as 65-year-old Clyde Ives of Gatesville.
Police found no signs of foul play at the boat ramp where the accident happened Tuesday. Authorities believe Ives was unloading his boat when it floated away. Ives wasn't wearing a life jacket when he tried to swim to the boat.
His body was recovered about 100 yards from the dock. The boat was about 50 yards away.
- Updated Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found