PORT ARTHUR, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a man has killed two people before killing himself at a southeast Texas beach.
The Jefferson County sheriff's office said that they got several 911 calls on Sunday afternoon about a shooting in progress at McFaddin Beach.
When deputies arrived they found three people who had been shot to death. The sheriff's office said a man had shot to death another man and a woman and then turned the gun on himself.
Autopsies have been ordered on all three. Their names have not yet been released.
Officials are still investigating the cause of the shooting and the relationship between the victims and the shooter.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer