LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a North Texas man is dead after shooting himself at a mall where he went to confront someone.
Lewisville police said no one else was injured.
Police said they were called to the Vista Ridge Mall about 4 p.m. Monday after reports of an argument between a woman working at a kiosk and someone described as a male acquaintance who had confronted her.
Police spokesman Capt. Kevin Deaver said the man pulled a handgun and shot himself when mall security tried to escort him outside.
The man was pronounced dead at a hospital. His name was not immediately released.
The mall was not evacuated but parts remained closed after the shooting as police were investigating.
Lewisville is 20 miles northwest of Dallas.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued