ABILENE, Texas - The massage business in the Mall of Abilene, Li Sun's, was closed Saturday. This comes after an employee allegedly sexually assaulted a customer.
According to the Department of State Health Services, Jingbo Xu, who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a massage business, is not a licensed masseur.
Xu was charged with allegedly sexually assaulting a woman during a massage session at Li Sun's massage and acupressure at the Mall of Abilene.
A search by DSHS found that Xu and Li Sun's were not licensed. State law mandates every massage business and therapist be licensed.
The department said a cease and desist letter will be sent to Li Sun's.
An arrest report said the assault happened when a woman fell asleep on a massage table at the business while Xu was massaging her. In a signed affidavit, the victim told police she woke up not fully clothed and Xu was touching her inappropriately.
Xu is charged with felony sexual assault and was taken to the Taylor County Jail on $100,000 bond.
Friday, Li Sun's was still open and serving customers.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- Updated 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams crowd during Mardi Gras parade; many injured
- Updated Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash