ABILENE, Texas - Texas Gov. Rick Perry was indicted on two felony charges Friday.
KTXS is speaking with Dr. Paul Fabrizio, professor of political science and vice president for academic affairs at McMurry Unviversity, to get his thoughts on Perry's indictment and what's next for Perry in his political career.
Perry said he stands by his veto, and the indictment against him is an outrageous abuse of power.
Perry is the first Texas governor since 1917 to be indicted.
KTXS will have more on this on KTXS News at 10.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson