ABILENE, Texas - Texas Gov. Rick Perry was indicted on two felony charges Friday.
KTXS is speaking with Dr. Paul Fabrizio, professor of political science and vice president for academic affairs at McMurry Unviversity, to get his thoughts on Perry's indictment and what's next for Perry in his political career.
Perry said he stands by his veto, and the indictment against him is an outrageous abuse of power.
Perry is the first Texas governor since 1917 to be indicted.
KTXS will have more on this on KTXS News at 10.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide