ABILENE, Texas - A 24-year-old woman found dead in a San Antonio park Tuesday evening was a graduate of McMurry University in Abilene.
Lauren Michelle Bump died from multiple wounds caused by a sharp instrument, according to the Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office. Her body was discovered on New Year's Eve at O.P. Schnabel Park in the 9600 block of Bandera Road.
Bump's death has been ruled a homicide.
Police said two people walking along a paved trail in the park discovered the victim's body. A vehicle believed to be Bump's was towed to the city impound lot.
As no suspect has been named, the investigation continues.
While a McMurry University official confirmed Bump graduated from the Abilene university, Bump had most recently been attending Harding University in Searcy, Ark. Her family told a San Antonio TV station that she planned on becoming a physician's assistant.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital