OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Emergency officials in Oklahoma City say a medical helicopter crashed next to a nursing home and retirement community, killing two people and critically injuring a third.
Oklahoma City Fire Department Battalion Chief Marc Woodard said the EagleMed helicopter went down early Friday. No one was seriously injured or killed on the ground.
Woodard said no patients were aboard the aircraft, which was en route from an Oklahoma City hospital to pick up a patient 70 miles away in Watonga.
Woodard said two men, including the pilot, were killed in the crash.
Witnesses said employees from the St. Ann Nursing Home pulled the survivor from the wreckage. That man is in critical condition at an Oklahoma City hospital.
The National Weather Service said conditions were clear when the helicopter crashed.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget