MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - Midland's federal courthouse is to be rededicated to former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush.
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn and U.S. Rep. Mike Conaway are among the dignitaries expected to attend the Friday ceremony in the Bushes' former hometown. Both Texas Republicans had led the effort to have Congress rename the courthouse.
Henceforth, the building will be called the "George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush United States Courthouse and George Mahon Federal Building."
Previously, the building's official name had been the "George Mahon Federal Building United States Courthouse" after a longtime Democratic congressman who once represented Midland.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget