NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (AP) - A body recovered from a boat slip at a Central Texas lake has been identified as a man last seen walking on the dock toward a yacht club.
According to authorities, 41-year-old Brian Douglas Vickers of Fredericksburg was reported missing after last being seen around 2 a.m. Sunday at Canyon Lake.
The Comal County Sheriff's Office said there were no signs of foul play when the body was located hours later by members of the New Braunfels police dive team. The body was in a slip where the water is more than 20 feet deep.
An autopsy has been ordered. Investigators on Monday did not immediately provide additional details.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend