NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (AP) - A body recovered from a boat slip at a Central Texas lake has been identified as a man last seen walking on the dock toward a yacht club.
According to authorities, 41-year-old Brian Douglas Vickers of Fredericksburg was reported missing after last being seen around 2 a.m. Sunday at Canyon Lake.
The Comal County Sheriff's Office said there were no signs of foul play when the body was located hours later by members of the New Braunfels police dive team. The body was in a slip where the water is more than 20 feet deep.
An autopsy has been ordered. Investigators on Monday did not immediately provide additional details.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web