FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Police say a woman and her toddler daughter have died after a traffic collision sent their car into a North Texas pond.
Fort Worth police said the accident happened Thursday night and the woman called 911 as her vehicle sank in a residential pond. Police said both victims were submerged for several minutes.
Emergency personnel transported the woman and her year-old daughter to hospitals where both were declared dead.
Fort Worth police said names of the mother and child were not immediately released. Further details were not immediately available.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account