FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Police say a woman and her toddler daughter have died after a traffic collision sent their car into a North Texas pond.
Fort Worth police said the accident happened Thursday night and the woman called 911 as her vehicle sank in a residential pond. Police said both victims were submerged for several minutes.
Emergency personnel transported the woman and her year-old daughter to hospitals where both were declared dead.
Fort Worth police said names of the mother and child were not immediately released. Further details were not immediately available.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking