DALLAS (AP) - A Texas woman is to be sentenced after acknowledging she beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued her hands to a wall.
Elizabeth Escalona is scheduled for sentencing Monday after pleading guilty July 12 to injury to a child. She faces up to life in prison.
Her daughter was in a coma for two days after the Sept. 7, 2011, incident. The girl and her siblings were then taken into state custody. Police records show the toddler's siblings told investigators their mother kicked the girl in the stomach repeatedly and hit her with various objects before gluing her hands to the wall.
Dallas police said Escalona was mad about potty training problems.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth