HOUSTON - (AP) - Crews worked to restore power after storms in the Houston area knocked out electricity to more than 100,000 CenterPoint Energy customers.
Utility records show the number of outages dwindled to about 6,600 by late Sunday afternoon as repairs continued.
CenterPoint spokeswoman Leticia Lowe (luh-TEE'-she-uh loh) says the outages happened as strong storms moved through the area early Sunday.
Storms also soaked parts of North Texas on Saturday night. Crews worked to restore electricity to the last few hundred customers of Dallas-based Oncor (ON'-kor) still without power Sunday afternoon.
The Texas-TCU football game Saturday night in Fort Worth was delayed more than three hours due to lightning and rain. The game ended early Sunday with the Longhorns beating TCU 30-7.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash