HOUSTON (AP) - Classes are resuming for most schools across in Texas.
Children returned Monday for the fall term.
The state's largest school district - Houston - now includes the 6,000-student North Forest school district. North Forest had a history of poor academic scores and financial problems and was closed by the state. Houston ISD this spring had more than 203,000 students.
A charter school in San Antonio that in March received state approval will delay its opening for more than a week. More than 500 BASIS charter school students were notified Sunday that its new facility won't be ready until Sept. 3.
The Dallas Independent School District has new online bus route information for families.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck