LUBBOCK, Texas - Investigators say gunfire in a West Texas motel room has left a woman hurt and a man dead in an apparent domestic dispute.
Lubbock police believe the man shot the woman several times during an argument late Sunday night before turning the gun on himself.
Lt. Chris Daniels says the injured woman managed to get out of the Budget Motel room and reach the front desk to seek help.
Daniels says the woman has been transported to a Lubbock hospital and is expected to survive. Her name and further details on her condition weren't immediately available Monday.
The name of the man who died wasn't immediately released.
Police are trying to determine what led to the argument.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- United Supermarket on South 14th Street robbed, suspect sought
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking