ABILENE, Texas - A frost warning has been issued for Thursday morning for Big Country and other counties in region, including Taylor, Jones and Brown, according to the National Weather Service.
According to the NWS, a frost warning means there could be possible damage to temperature sensitive plants.
Temperatures are expected to fall into the low 30s across the entire area by daybreak Thursday, the NWS said.
"Some of the low-lying areas may see temperatures fall to near freezing for a brief period of time," the NWS said.
Counties under the frost warning in the region, in addition to Taylor, Jones and Brown, include Fisher, Nolan, Sterling, Coke, Runnels, Tom Green, Concho, Haskell, Throckmorton, Jones, Shackelford, Callahan, Coleman, McCulloch, and Mason.
Cities under the frost warning umbrella include Rotan, Roby, Sweetwater, Sterling City, Robert Lee, Bronte, Ballinger, Winters, San Angelo, Haskell, Throckmorton, Woodson, Stamford, Anson, Hamlin, Albany, Abilene, Clyde, Baird, Cross Plains, Coleman, Brownwood, Brady, and Mason.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend