ABILENE, Texas - A frost warning has been issued for Thursday morning for Big Country and other counties in region, including Taylor, Jones and Brown, according to the National Weather Service.
According to the NWS, a frost warning means there could be possible damage to temperature sensitive plants.
Temperatures are expected to fall into the low 30s across the entire area by daybreak Thursday, the NWS said.
"Some of the low-lying areas may see temperatures fall to near freezing for a brief period of time," the NWS said.
Counties under the frost warning in the region, in addition to Taylor, Jones and Brown, include Fisher, Nolan, Sterling, Coke, Runnels, Tom Green, Concho, Haskell, Throckmorton, Jones, Shackelford, Callahan, Coleman, McCulloch, and Mason.
Cities under the frost warning umbrella include Rotan, Roby, Sweetwater, Sterling City, Robert Lee, Bronte, Ballinger, Winters, San Angelo, Haskell, Throckmorton, Woodson, Stamford, Anson, Hamlin, Albany, Abilene, Clyde, Baird, Cross Plains, Coleman, Brownwood, Brady, and Mason.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student