ABILENE, Texas - A frost warning has been issued for Thursday morning for Big Country and other counties in region, including Taylor, Jones and Brown, according to the National Weather Service.
According to the NWS, a frost warning means there could be possible damage to temperature sensitive plants.
Temperatures are expected to fall into the low 30s across the entire area by daybreak Thursday, the NWS said.
"Some of the low-lying areas may see temperatures fall to near freezing for a brief period of time," the NWS said.
Counties under the frost warning in the region, in addition to Taylor, Jones and Brown, include Fisher, Nolan, Sterling, Coke, Runnels, Tom Green, Concho, Haskell, Throckmorton, Jones, Shackelford, Callahan, Coleman, McCulloch, and Mason.
Cities under the frost warning umbrella include Rotan, Roby, Sweetwater, Sterling City, Robert Lee, Bronte, Ballinger, Winters, San Angelo, Haskell, Throckmorton, Woodson, Stamford, Anson, Hamlin, Albany, Abilene, Clyde, Baird, Cross Plains, Coleman, Brownwood, Brady, and Mason.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family