OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - An Oklahoma prosecutor says no charges will be filed against a 23-year-old man who fatally shot three intruders in his home, but that the woman who drove them there is being charged with first-degree murder.
Wagoner County Assistant District Attorney Jack Thorp said Monday that Zach Peters "acted justifiably" March 27 when he shot Maxwell Cook, Jacob Redfern and Jakob Woodruff at his home just outside the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow.
Thorp also said 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriquez was charged with three counts of first-degree murder. Rodriquez has said she drove the three men to Peters' home to burglarize it, but doesn't feel responsible in their deaths.
State law allows murder charges against a person who takes part in a crime in which another person is killed.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- Officials: Texas man posing as film director made child porn
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out