CLEBURNE, Texas (AP) - School has been canceled for a second day at a North Texas community where a tornado damaged buildings and cut power.
The Cleburne Independent School District says all campuses remained closed Friday. Officials with the district about 25 miles south of Fort Worth cited electrical outages and road conditions from Wednesday night's tornado.
Dallas-based Oncor reported nearly 1,800 customers in North Texas still without power Friday - mainly in Cleburne.
The National Weather Service has rated the tornado that hit Cleburne as an EF-3. Winds were estimated at 135 mph to 165 mph. Officials have said no deaths or serious injuries were reported in the Cleburne.
Cleburne is 25 miles southeast of Granbury, where a tornado Wednesday night killed at least six people.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks