BURLESON, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a 17-year-old was fatally shot and his twin brother was wounded after they went to a North Texas school parking lot to have a fight with someone.
City of Burleson spokeswoman DeAnna Phillips said Monday that 18-year-old Tristan Torres turned himself in after the shooting. He's awaiting arraignment after being arrested on a murder charge.
The Tarrant County medical examiner's office says Cameron Lewis was pronounced dead Sunday morning after being taken to a hospital. He'd been shot in the head. Police say his twin was shot in the foot and his injury wasn't life-threatening.
Police say the gunman stopped on a street near the parking lot late Saturday night and fired several shots. Cameron Lewis was in a vehicle when he was shot. His brother was standing outside.
- Updated Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Updated Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Updated 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Updated Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Updated Sweetwater PD asks public for help in broken vehicle window cases
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Salvation Army facing unexpected problem just before Thanksgiving
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- $800 pair of Air Jordan's stolen during south Abilene burglary
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Dealership donates $1,800 to Brown County Sheriff's Office for drone
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain