DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police are looking for a gunman after an off-duty officer working security at an apartment complex was shot twice.
Police said Sr. Cpl. Officer Matthew Wagner is hospitalized in stable condition after being wounded around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. Chief David Brown said Wagner was shot in the arm and the torso and is expected to recover.
Investigators said Wagner and another off-duty officer were questioning a suspicious man in a van when a struggle broke out and the suspect began firing. The second officer was unharmed, put Wagner into a patrol car and drove the wounded officer to a hospital.
Police have recovered a gun allegedly used in the shooting and secured the van.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer