DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police are looking for a gunman after an off-duty officer working security at an apartment complex was shot twice.
Police said Sr. Cpl. Officer Matthew Wagner is hospitalized in stable condition after being wounded around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. Chief David Brown said Wagner was shot in the arm and the torso and is expected to recover.
Investigators said Wagner and another off-duty officer were questioning a suspicious man in a van when a struggle broke out and the suspect began firing. The second officer was unharmed, put Wagner into a patrol car and drove the wounded officer to a hospital.
Police have recovered a gun allegedly used in the shooting and secured the van.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana