SAN ANTONIO - An off-duty San Antonio police officer has shot and killed an armed man during a dispute at the drive-thru window of a restaurant.
Police say a 23-year-old man was fatally shot early Friday after confronting the uniformed officer.
Investigators say the man was riding in a vehicle that may have bumped with another in the drive-thru area.
The officer initially spoke with the driver of one of the vehicles and told him to turn off the engine. A police statement says that vehicle's front passenger then got out and flashed a gun.
The officer shot the suspect, who fled, collapsed and died. His handgun was recovered nearby. The man's name wasn't immediately released.
The officer, whose name wasn't released, goes on paid administrative duty during a review of the shooting.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account