SAGINAW, Texas (AP) - A North Texas officer and another person have been shot as police executed a warrant over the slaying of a 6-year-old girl.
Saginaw police on Tuesday attempted to serve a warrant at a house on the same block as the family of Alanna Gallagher. Her body was found July 1 wrapped in a tarp on a residential street.
Spokesman Officer Damon Ing confirmed an officer has been shot. He had no further details but said the case involves the investigation into the girl's killing.
A spokesman with MedStar Emergency Medical Services in Fort Worth says two people were wounded. Matt Zavadsky said one person has a gunshot wound to the groin and the other person was shot in the head. He had no identities. Both were transported to hospitals.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen