KILLEEN, Texas - KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - Officials in Killeen are investigating the cause of death of a woman who was found inside a smoke-filled motel room.
Killeen police said in a statement that police and fire officials responded to a fire call Saturday at the Palace Inn. When motel employees noticed smoke near one of the rooms, a passkey was used to check on the welfare of a woman who was occupying it. Upon entering they found a dead woman.
Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke pronounced the 25-year-old woman dead and ordered an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Officials are also investigating what caused the fire.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend