KILLEEN, Texas - KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - Officials in Killeen are investigating the cause of death of a woman who was found inside a smoke-filled motel room.
Killeen police said in a statement that police and fire officials responded to a fire call Saturday at the Palace Inn. When motel employees noticed smoke near one of the rooms, a passkey was used to check on the welfare of a woman who was occupying it. Upon entering they found a dead woman.
Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke pronounced the 25-year-old woman dead and ordered an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Officials are also investigating what caused the fire.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking