WEST, Texas - (AP) - Officials offered reassurances for those concerned about the 60 or so persons listed as unaccounted for after a Central Texas fertilizer blast.
McLennan County Judge Scott Felton said Friday that many persons on the list are likely those who have lost their homes to the Wednesday blast at West Fertilizer. In his words, "I think we're gonna eliminate 99 percent" of those listed as unaccounted for. He said there may be no people who are actually missing.
West Mayor Tommy Muska says he was living in a hotel because his home was destroyed, so he could be on the list of those still unaccounted for.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs