WEST, Texas - (AP) - Officials offered reassurances for those concerned about the 60 or so persons listed as unaccounted for after a Central Texas fertilizer blast.
McLennan County Judge Scott Felton said Friday that many persons on the list are likely those who have lost their homes to the Wednesday blast at West Fertilizer. In his words, "I think we're gonna eliminate 99 percent" of those listed as unaccounted for. He said there may be no people who are actually missing.
West Mayor Tommy Muska says he was living in a hotel because his home was destroyed, so he could be on the list of those still unaccounted for.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her