SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The step-mother and father of a 5-year-old San Antonio boy who died have been arrested on charges of felony injury to a child.
San Antonio police spokeswoman Sandy Gutierrez told the San Antonio Express-News that 27-year-old Crystal Williams and 25-year-old Charleston Williams were arrested without incident Friday afternoon.
Gutierrez said the medical examiner found signs of serious abuse, malnutrition and neglect on the body of Josiah Williams, who was found unresponsive at the home on Thursday. She said there was bruising all over his body that indicated multiple recent falls, but they had not sought medical attention.
The cause of death was still pending. Child Protective Services took custody of the couple's other two children. It was not immediately known if either Williams had a lawyer.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated