SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The step-mother and father of a 5-year-old San Antonio boy who died have been arrested on charges of felony injury to a child.
San Antonio police spokeswoman Sandy Gutierrez told the San Antonio Express-News that 27-year-old Crystal Williams and 25-year-old Charleston Williams were arrested without incident Friday afternoon.
Gutierrez said the medical examiner found signs of serious abuse, malnutrition and neglect on the body of Josiah Williams, who was found unresponsive at the home on Thursday. She said there was bruising all over his body that indicated multiple recent falls, but they had not sought medical attention.
The cause of death was still pending. Child Protective Services took custody of the couple's other two children. It was not immediately known if either Williams had a lawyer.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen