AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The California Republican Party says Texas Gov. Rick Perry will headline its fall convention in Anaheim.
The GOP made the announcement Monday. Perry's office did not immediately confirm his attendance at the event from Oct. 4-6.
The party said Perry was invited for Texas' history of job creation.
Perry makes frequent trips to California. Some of the earliest support for his 2012 presidential bid came from major Republican donors in California.
The Texas governor also tries to convince California businesses to relocate to Texas, where taxes are significantly lower. Critics argue so are the state services.
Perry announced last month that he will not seek re-election, but he has left open the possibility of running for president in 2016. He has said he will make a decision later this year.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading