DALLAS (AP) - Police say they've arrested a 29-year-old man who they describe as a person of interest in a series of rapes since June in a Dallas neighborhood.
The man was taken into custody early Friday at an apartment in Arlington. Police were acting on a tip and also information from a relative when they arrested the man on an outstanding warrant for a probation violation for driving while intoxicated.
Dallas police say the tipster told them the man said he needed to leave the area because he had done something wrong.
Investigators say a serial rapist has attacked at least eight women near downtown along the edge of Fair Park. Six of the attacks have occurred in the last two weeks. The women were accosted while walking early in the morning.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated