DALLAS (AP) - Police say they've arrested a 29-year-old man who they describe as a person of interest in a series of rapes since June in a Dallas neighborhood.
The man was taken into custody early Friday at an apartment in Arlington. Police were acting on a tip and also information from a relative when they arrested the man on an outstanding warrant for a probation violation for driving while intoxicated.
Dallas police say the tipster told them the man said he needed to leave the area because he had done something wrong.
Investigators say a serial rapist has attacked at least eight women near downtown along the edge of Fair Park. Six of the attacks have occurred in the last two weeks. The women were accosted while walking early in the morning.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend