DALLAS (AP) - Police say they've arrested a 29-year-old man who they describe as a person of interest in a series of rapes since June in a Dallas neighborhood.
The man was taken into custody early Friday at an apartment in Arlington. Police were acting on a tip and also information from a relative when they arrested the man on an outstanding warrant for a probation violation for driving while intoxicated.
Dallas police say the tipster told them the man said he needed to leave the area because he had done something wrong.
Investigators say a serial rapist has attacked at least eight women near downtown along the edge of Fair Park. Six of the attacks have occurred in the last two weeks. The women were accosted while walking early in the morning.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident