AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The Texas Department of Transportation has released the names of the state's top 25 toll jumpers.
The agency best known as TxDOT posted the names up on the Internet Thursday, after setting a deadline for folks to pay up.
The agency said there are $27 million in unpaid tolls from state-owned toll roads. Officials say they've sent notices to 28,000 vehicle owners.
Sixteen offenders have more than $100,000 in unpaid tolls. At the top are Ronny Williams and Cora Lewis of Pflugerville with 14,358 unpaid tolls worth $236,026.32.
The department may also ban vehicles with unpaid tolls from toll roads and impound the vehicle if police stop it. TxDOT can also notify county tax assessors to block vehicle owners from renewing their registrations.
The names will be posted on http://txdot.gov .
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget