AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The Texas Department of Transportation has released the names of the state's top 25 toll jumpers.
The agency best known as TxDOT posted the names up on the Internet Thursday, after setting a deadline for folks to pay up.
The agency said there are $27 million in unpaid tolls from state-owned toll roads. Officials say they've sent notices to 28,000 vehicle owners.
Sixteen offenders have more than $100,000 in unpaid tolls. At the top are Ronny Williams and Cora Lewis of Pflugerville with 14,358 unpaid tolls worth $236,026.32.
The department may also ban vehicles with unpaid tolls from toll roads and impound the vehicle if police stop it. TxDOT can also notify county tax assessors to block vehicle owners from renewing their registrations.
The names will be posted on http://txdot.gov .
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale