BURKE, Texas (AP) - An East Texas pilot has survived the fiery crash of his ultralight plane after the low-flying aircraft clipped some power lines.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the crash happened Sunday night near Burke, about 100 miles northeast of Houston.
Angelina County Constable Tom Selman identified the pilot as 59-year-old Jerry Roy Morehouse of Huntington. Officials say Morehouse suffered minor burns when the plane hit the transmission line, split apart and fell to the ground.
Witnesses helped pull the pilot from the wreckage. Emergency personnel treated Morehouse for burns to his right arm.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family