DALLAS, Texas - (AP) - Police have arrested a 24-year-old man on murder charges in connection with a fatal south Dallas shooting.
According to an arrest warrant, Johnny Walker is accused of shooting to death 55-year-old Charles Turner in a parking lot around 4 p.m. Saturday.
Police say Walker was taken into custody late the same night.
The warrant says that earlier Saturday, witnesses heard Walker say he was angry with and wanted to kill someone who had tried to push him.
Later, according to witnesses, Walker saw Turner park his car nearby. Walker then jumped up, walked to the parking lot and was seen firing three or four gunshots.
Walker was arrested a few blocks from where Turner was slain.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9