SAGINAW, Texas (AP) - Investigators in the slaying of a North Texas girl whose body was found in a tarp have returned to her neighborhood where gunfire left an officer and a suspect wounded.
Officers on Wednesday were back at a Saginaw home where police say a teen sought on a capital murder warrant shot an Arlington detective. An officer returned fire Tuesday and shot 17-year-old Tyler Holder, who lived two houses away from 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher.
Police on Wednesday didn't immediately provide updates on the investigation and the condition of Detective Charles Lodatto, who's expected to survive. An attorney for Holder didn't immediately comment.
Investigators believe Alanna, whose wrapped body was found July 1 on a street, was sexually assaulted and suffocated. An affidavit says Holder's DNA matched evidence on the victim.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death