HOUSTON (AP) - Houston police say they and the Harris County District Attorney's Office are investigating the police killing of an unidentified armed man.
A police statement issued Monday says two officers responded Sunday night to a report of a disturbance with a gun in an apartment complex. The suspect was identified by witnesses and, when confronted by officers, pulled a handgun from a pocket. Police say the man aimed it at the officers, despite their orders that he place it on the ground.
According to the statement, one of the officers shot the man several times.
The wounded man was transported to a nearby hospital, where he died Monday.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget