MISSION BEND, Texas (AP) - Police in a suburb of Houston have busted two marijuana growing operations they estimated had a street value of more than $1 million.
Agents with the Fort Bend County Narcotics Task Force arrested 35-year-old Joseph Milton Rowland on Thursday. The Houston Chronicle reports Rowland has been charged with possession of marijuana and is being held on a $50,000 bail.
The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office says agents began an investigation after noticing suspicious activity in the neighborhood. When the agents entered the two homes with a search warrant they found what they described as a sophisticated pot-growing operation.
Agents seized 234 plants, indoor lighting, scales, water pumps, fans, power inverters and equipment used for the packaging and sale of pot.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash