HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston police officer has been accused of telling two women, including an undercover police investigator, that he would tear up their traffic tickets in exchange for sexual favors.
The Houston Chronicle reports that 37-year-old Victor Chris has been charged with two counts of official oppression.
The newspaper said Chris has been under investigation since a woman filed a complaint against him with the department's internal affairs division 10 months ago.
The woman said Chris offered to stay away on her court date if she would "make it worth my while," according to the criminal complaint.
Chris was the target of an internal affairs sting last week in which he "agreed to tear up the tickets if (the undercover officer) had sexual intercourse with him," according to the complaint.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies