ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Call it the case of the purloined parrot.
Arlington police on Monday announced the search for a macaw (muh-KAH') named Captain Jack, a talkative pet bird stolen during a burglary.
The owner of Sunrise Automotive called police on Nov. 15 to report thieves broke into his business. The crooks stole some tools, a vehicle - and the bird.
Arlington police say the vehicle was discovered abandoned the next day in Fort Worth but Captain Jack, who lived at the shop, hasn't been found.
Police say owner Bill Salmon considers his brightly colored parrot the mascot for the business and would really like Captain Jack back.
Crime Stoppers has offered a reward of up to $1,000 leading to recovering of the parrot.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store