LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas police say a man wanted for murder in San Antonio, Texas, fatally shot himself a block east of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police Capt. Chris Jones said authorities arrived about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday to a Super 8 hotel on Koval Lane, where the suspect was believed to be.
Jones said the man emerged from the hotel about an hour later, ran a short distance, and shot himself.
Las Vegas police haven't identified the man, who is believed to be in his early 30s.
Police initially described the situation as an officer-involved shooting, but Jones clarified that no shots were fired besides the one the suspect inflicted on himself.
Jones said he had no details on the underlying murder case from Texas.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season