LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas police say a man wanted for murder in San Antonio, Texas, fatally shot himself a block east of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police Capt. Chris Jones said authorities arrived about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday to a Super 8 hotel on Koval Lane, where the suspect was believed to be.
Jones said the man emerged from the hotel about an hour later, ran a short distance, and shot himself.
Las Vegas police haven't identified the man, who is believed to be in his early 30s.
Police initially described the situation as an officer-involved shooting, but Jones clarified that no shots were fired besides the one the suspect inflicted on himself.
Jones said he had no details on the underlying murder case from Texas.
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says