LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas police say a man wanted for murder in San Antonio, Texas, fatally shot himself a block east of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police Capt. Chris Jones said authorities arrived about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday to a Super 8 hotel on Koval Lane, where the suspect was believed to be.
Jones said the man emerged from the hotel about an hour later, ran a short distance, and shot himself.
Las Vegas police haven't identified the man, who is believed to be in his early 30s.
Police initially described the situation as an officer-involved shooting, but Jones clarified that no shots were fired besides the one the suspect inflicted on himself.
Jones said he had no details on the underlying murder case from Texas.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck