LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas police say a man wanted for murder in San Antonio, Texas, fatally shot himself a block east of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police Capt. Chris Jones said authorities arrived about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday to a Super 8 hotel on Koval Lane, where the suspect was believed to be.
Jones said the man emerged from the hotel about an hour later, ran a short distance, and shot himself.
Las Vegas police haven't identified the man, who is believed to be in his early 30s.
Police initially described the situation as an officer-involved shooting, but Jones clarified that no shots were fired besides the one the suspect inflicted on himself.
Jones said he had no details on the underlying murder case from Texas.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer