RIO GRANDE CITY, Texas (AP) - Police are investigating the death of a South Texas teenager who appears to have been run over by her own vehicle.
Authorities in Rio Grande City were called to a home around 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
Police Chief Dutch Piper said responding officers found a 17-year-old girl who had died after her car had run her over.
While police are still investigating, it appears the teenager exited her vehicle, which then moved and went over her.
The name of the victim was not immediately released.
Rio Grande City is located about 40 miles west of McAllen.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog