RIO GRANDE CITY, Texas (AP) - Police are investigating the death of a South Texas teenager who appears to have been run over by her own vehicle.
Authorities in Rio Grande City were called to a home around 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
Police Chief Dutch Piper said responding officers found a 17-year-old girl who had died after her car had run her over.
While police are still investigating, it appears the teenager exited her vehicle, which then moved and went over her.
The name of the victim was not immediately released.
Rio Grande City is located about 40 miles west of McAllen.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family