RIO GRANDE CITY, Texas (AP) - Police are investigating the death of a South Texas teenager who appears to have been run over by her own vehicle.
Authorities in Rio Grande City were called to a home around 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
Police Chief Dutch Piper said responding officers found a 17-year-old girl who had died after her car had run her over.
While police are still investigating, it appears the teenager exited her vehicle, which then moved and went over her.
The name of the victim was not immediately released.
Rio Grande City is located about 40 miles west of McAllen.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program