ERATH COUNTY, Texas - No suspects have been identified in the shooting death of a former Brownwood resident.
A woman calling law enforcement and claiming to be the girlfriend of Jeffrey Vegas Sewalt, 56, said she found him dead with a gunshot wound to the head at his residence on Pigeon Road last Friday afternoon in Erath County.
Authorities said no gun was found at the scene. The Texas Rangers are assisting with the investigation.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend