ERATH COUNTY, Texas - No suspects have been identified in the shooting death of a former Brownwood resident.
A woman calling law enforcement and claiming to be the girlfriend of Jeffrey Vegas Sewalt, 56, said she found him dead with a gunshot wound to the head at his residence on Pigeon Road last Friday afternoon in Erath County.
Authorities said no gun was found at the scene. The Texas Rangers are assisting with the investigation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated