SAN BENITO, Texas - (AP) - A 26-year-old woman who was 7 ½ months pregnant and her 4-year-old daughter are dead after a fatal rollover crash in South Texas.
The Brownsville Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1acUdMw ) that four people were inside an SUV near Brownsville on Friday afternoon when the vehicle had a tire blowout. Police say the SUV rolled over multiple times.
The woman, Jovanna Ruiz, died at the scene along with her unborn child. Her daughter, Herlinda Gamez, died on the way to an area hospital. She was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the SUV.
Ruiz's husband, Rosalio Gamez, is being examined for head injuries. Her 7-year-old son, Juan Angel Gamez, suffered minor bruises. He was wearing his seat belt.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash