SAN BENITO, Texas - (AP) - A 26-year-old woman who was 7 ½ months pregnant and her 4-year-old daughter are dead after a fatal rollover crash in South Texas.
The Brownsville Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1acUdMw ) that four people were inside an SUV near Brownsville on Friday afternoon when the vehicle had a tire blowout. Police say the SUV rolled over multiple times.
The woman, Jovanna Ruiz, died at the scene along with her unborn child. Her daughter, Herlinda Gamez, died on the way to an area hospital. She was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the SUV.
Ruiz's husband, Rosalio Gamez, is being examined for head injuries. Her 7-year-old son, Juan Angel Gamez, suffered minor bruises. He was wearing his seat belt.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account