HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have fallen 4 cents over the past week as the Memorial Day weekend kicked off the summer travel season.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump fell to $3.39 per gallon. Nationwide retail gasoline prices also fell by 4 cents, down to $3.62 per gallon.
Amarillo has the most expensive gasoline in Texas at $3.62. The association survey found Corpus Christi with the cheapest gasoline at $3.30.
AAA Texas estimated that 2.5 million Texas drivers took to the road this past holiday weekend to travel 50 miles or more from home, up 2.4 percent from last year.
The association said demand has fallen now that the busy Memorial Day weekend has passed, resulting in a decrease in gasoline prices.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account