HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have fallen 4 cents over the past week as the Memorial Day weekend kicked off the summer travel season.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump fell to $3.39 per gallon. Nationwide retail gasoline prices also fell by 4 cents, down to $3.62 per gallon.
Amarillo has the most expensive gasoline in Texas at $3.62. The association survey found Corpus Christi with the cheapest gasoline at $3.30.
AAA Texas estimated that 2.5 million Texas drivers took to the road this past holiday weekend to travel 50 miles or more from home, up 2.4 percent from last year.
The association said demand has fallen now that the busy Memorial Day weekend has passed, resulting in a decrease in gasoline prices.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman